For finding location information, most of the consumers use local search because it is a powerful tool for small businesses. One can be missing out on a maximum number of their potential consumers if their business is un-optimized for local search. For a business to stay relevant, SEO local is very crucial.
We created a very helpful guide that comprises all the local SEO tools, local search practices, Google My Business (GMB) optimization method and many more. This particular guide will help you in optimizing local SEO tools for your business.
What does Local SEO mean?
From providing services to the customers to promoting your business products local SEO tools can help you in many things. Search engines collect information for local content from links, citations, profiles, pages on social media platforms etc. and all this information is made to reach the users in the form of results.
1. Google My Business listing: Initially and most importantly, local searchers look for business’s location and its address. By using GMB tool, you can put your name, address and phone/mobile number on Google maps and Google search along with other local business information like directions and operating hours. GMB plays a vital role when it comes to local search and hence it is vital to make sure that the information mentioned in the GMB is accurate.
Make sure that your GMB business landing page title has the targeted city and town accurately present. Also, check that the Google my business main categories are consistent with your products and services and also they do match a wider range of search categories.
2.Optimizing tags: In SEO alt tags, H1 heading, description and title tags are the most important components. If you add your city and state, there will be a large impact for you to win on a local level.
3. Paying attention to the URLs: Tweak the URL’s along with the addition of information regarding your state and city. Using city/state in URLs help users and search engines know that the page is specific to that location.
4. Planning content for local optimization: Both users and search engines love good authoritaive content. While creating content for local seo efforts, seo experts should add city/state information and try to optimise rankings for local keywords targeted. Be sure that it is built naturally.
5. Build strong citations: It is proved by Moz that, to improve your rankings local citations are very important. Citations is nothing but mentioning of NAP information i.e Name, Address and Phone Number for the website in consideration. This information according to Google should be on your websites, your other pages, and social media platforms. Your business rankings will collapse if your information is not spread all around and consistent.
6. Adding Schema.org to your page: When you add local schema mark-up to your page or your site, you can showcase your business name on the SERPs. You can also give other information like your phone number, address, hours of operation etc.
7. Generating positive reviews and responding to negative reviews: In Zendesk survey, it is found that an individual’s buying decision is strongly influenced by a website’s online reviews. And, according to Moz online reviews make up 10% of how Google finalizes your rankings. So this clearly makes reviews much crucial for your healthy presence and growth of your business.
By sending emails to regular and fast-responding clients or customers, you can easily generate reviews by requesting them to share their experience with you.
SEO Coach and Consultant
Consulted many small and medium enterprises to increase slaes and conversions using various SEO and Conversion Optimization techniques. One of the best and leading SEO training institute in gurgaon currently.